Social Progress are pleased to announce that we have been awarded a contract through the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC) Skills Service to deliver a number of part-funded social media and digital marketing workshops to eligible businesses across the Leeds City Region. The Leeds City Region covers businesses located in Bradford, Craven, Calderdale, Kirklees, Harrogate, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York.
WYCC brings businesses, organisations and training providers together to deliver workforce training and skills support, funded by the European Social Fund (ESF). The Skills Service is a gateway for businesses to this unique package of training and support to SME’s in the Region. This skills catalogue can help eligible businesses to recognise an opportunity to grow, learn and develop their skills with 40% funding towards courses in a number of areas including:
- Accounting & Finance
- Customer Service
- Health & Safety
- Quality & Compliance
- Sales & Marketing
This means that each workshop we are delivering through the WYCC Skills Service will only cost £135 + VAT per delegate. The other 40% is funded by the programme.
Want to know if you’re eligible?
To be eligible for 40% ESF funding towards the cost of training the business must:
- Be an SME based within the Leeds City Region. This includes the following districts – Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield and York. This can include Private Limited Companies, Partnerships and LLPs, Sole Proprietors, Self Employed and Registered Charities.
- Employ fewer than 250 full time equivalent staff and have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million.
- Put forward participants who work for the company based within the Leeds City Region and are aged 18 years or over.
- Operate in the following sectors – Creative and Digital, Finance and Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Low Carbon and Construction, Manufacturing and Engineering, Retail*, Health and Social Care* or Medical Technology.
- Contribute 60% of the total cost of the training.
- Not be employers in the following sectors/areas: Hair and Beauty, Voluntary Sector, Public Sector including NHS and Hospitals.
For full details and to check your eligibility, go to – https://www.westyorkshirecolleges.co.uk/contracted-projects/the-skills-service/the-skills-service-eligibility
Your business can access over 700 courses from 24 training providers, so if you’re not sure which areas you need support in – contact your WYCC Skills Advisor.
As part of the contract which Social Progress have been awarded, we’re looking to deliver a number of 3 hour workshops on the following topics:
- Social Media Essentials
- Engaging Your Audience and Building Advocates Through Social Media
- Google My Business
- Instagram 101 – A Beginner’s Guide For Business
- Instagram 201 – Getting Business Done On Instagram
- Social Media Branding and Content Creation
- Taking Facebook and Instagram Advertising To The Next Level
- LinkedIn Advertising
Find out when and where events are happening in your area here – https://www.socialprogress.co.uk/whats-on/
Great, how do I book?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and you’re looking to get booked on to one of our workshops, download a WYCC workshop pack from here – The Skills Service – Social Media Workshops Pack 2020 – Social Progress Ltd. This pack will provide you with all of the documents required to attend a workshop as well as where to send your payment.
The Skills Service is managed by the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges and funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).